Thursday, February 5, 2009

This just in

This is big (I mean BIG) news. I accepted a job with Crisis Pregnancy Center and start there on February 16. I am very excited for the new adventure and for the new pace of work. The job is part time (I have Fridays) off and I'm really looking forward to having that extra day off this summer.

I will miss my friends at Girl Scouts - I've worked here 6 years and it's going to be hard to leave, I actually cried when I gave my notice. My co-worker Marlene is like my work spouse and it will feel like the left side of my body (the side she's usually on) got cut off. I'm going to be doing some contract work for them through March to help with a project I've been working on so I'll be around some. It's going to be a somewhat stressful transition, but I'm looking forward to being on the other side of this.

In other news - I am usually a "throw it away as soon as the date is old" kind of Nazi in my fridge. But lately (considering that I will be making about half my usual paycheck) I've been thinking of how we can economize and I thought - maybe eating that yogurt with the "sell by January 15" stamp isn't so bad. So I've been eating it for the whole week - and guess what? I haven't died or even have one little cramp. Interesting. I think I might chance it on a few other things as well - within reason of course. I just feel so bad throwing any food away - and since i have some rubbery celery and carrots to use up I think I'll pick up a chicken at Costco tonight and make up a pot of chicken noodle...watch out celery and carrots you're about to get eaten.

No comments: