Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Stress - go away!

I'm one of those lucky people that has visible stress. I think most people visibly show stress - and it might come out in huge sighs, yelling fits, folding into oneself...and many other ways. My stress is coming out physically. When I'm stressed - you won't really find my crying in a corner, yelling at anyone, hiding out forever, but you will see it when you look at me.

Why you may ask?

Because - I like to grown giant, nasty cold sores on my bottom lip. That's right - 2 in the last 2 weeks. And that's not all...I also like to magically grow grey hairs and add pounds to my middle. So when you see me, it will be clear I'm stressed.

AAAAAA - but here's the deal, I know that God will get me through the next few weeks as I transition and I know HE IS FAITHFUL...and I know that I need to trust that. So there it is Lord - I am giving it all back to you again...and I'm trusting that you'll help me leave it there.

Here's my tip for anyone undergoing stress - keep exercising. I stopped after Wednesday last week because it just seemed like "one more thing" that I was responsible for...and guess what, it was awful. Hitting the gym, treadmill, walking outside whatever it is you do to keep in shape (or try to get there) is so worth the time when you are feeling the weight of the world on your shoulders. Plus it's a great time to pray and leave those issues at God's feet..walking away with your body feeling reinvigorated and your hands free of those burdens. I'm preaching to myself here...

Wow this is one all over the place blog...and anyone who knows me knows it sounds just like me!

1 comment:

Marlene! said...

I hear ya on the visible stress! Just look at me, I have stress busing out my pant seams!

I still love you AND your cold sores... just remember to keep them dry!

BTW, I love your tip! I pay $39monthly for curves.. I'm getting there aren't I? First pay, then at some point actually go to Curves would be next on the list. Or perhaps I can just bring a smart machine home like Martha did?