Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Awana Grand Prix

I had a great time at Awana tonight - it was one of those rare nights where you could enjoy the kids and talk to the adults and not get in trouble for doing so!

The kids and their parents made cars to race in the great Grand Prix - they were rated based on speed and creativity. I don't know how people think of some of the ideas they come up with for themes of their cars, it's pretty incredible. I didn't make a car, but I did root for a few of the underdogs. I gotta admit, I really want the kids who don't win much to win - I always vote for them. I've never been very competitive so it's always fun when the kids who don't get upset over not winning win! YAY! I'm not competitive, but I do like to be right! Ask anyone who knows me.

We have a new pastor at church, and I have really enjoyed getting to know his wife. She's like another mom-type to bounce things off of and I'm always thankful to have women like that in my life. We chatted quite a bit tonight - there's so many things I appreciate about her and I'm looking forward to them being around for quite a while.

No comments: