Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

We had a nice Christmas - it was very laid back and I liked it. I'm usually a party til I drop kind of person when it comes to holidays - and I don't mean drink and party until I drop, but socialize and play games until I drop.

We went to our friend's house on Christmas Eve - he is from the Philippines so it was fun to chat with his family and friends and eat their food. On Christmas Day, we slept in and casually made our way through the morning, and then John's parents came over with their little Shih Tzus in the afternoon. We ate ham and potatoes, green beans and salad and just hung out. We watched The Nativity and ate cookies and ice cream - it was very relaxing. When John's parents headed home, we walked them out to their car and discovered the 10 inches of new snow we'd gotten that day - it couldn't have been a more perfect Christmas.

Friday we hung out at our place in the morning and then went to Fireproof that afternoon. That was a good movie - I enjoyed it and would recommend it. I cried, of course, through the whole thing. I get so stressed out in movies where people are yelling at each other - especially married people.

Friday night I went to a girls night for the youth at our friend's house. My friend's husband went over to our house and spent the night to get away from all the girls and play video games with John. I stayed up until about 5:30 that night...er...morning. Yeah. We turned the lights out at 4:00 and the girls stayed up talking until about 5:30 when one of us chaperoning adults had had enough and said - "girls, seriously, it's time for bed." Anyway - it was fun, the girls were super cute and I had a great time.

Saturday was spent recovering from Friday night - and then we went to "Bedtime Stories" with our friends - that was also a super cute movies. Oh by the way - we also watched "The Kite Runner" wow...that was an intense movie - it was so very good. Disturbing and yet really good. It was kind of a movie weekend.

Back to work today - more of a normal week with a day off in the middle - YAY!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Yeah! Fun weekend! Thanks for the update!