Friday, December 19, 2008

Finally Friday

yay - here we come weekend!

We had a great time last night at a Christmas Fondue Party. The longer I live in Anchorage the smaller it seems to me. It was funny being there and running into very good friends that we've known for years and didn't expect to find them there. Christian circles run 'deep and wide' in this town, and it's something I really love about Anchorage. The food was great, the conversation was fabulous, and the friends were worth coming for. We even sang a couple of Christmas songs, and Bean treated us to her incredible rendition of O Holy Night (my used-to-be fav Christmas song by the way) that girl can sing.

More partying tonight - we're going to a work party with John's parents. I think it will be fun and I'm looking forward to dressing up - as dressed up as we get here in Alaska. It's always fun to see all the different ideas of what dressing up is - from Carharts to sequins.

I think a goal for me in 2009 is going to be making more time for our friends. We have had a very busy life since we got married, and we're often trying to just make sure we get some minutes together each day. Last night we hung out with a couple that we really love spending time with but rarely see and I thought how silly it is that we don't see each other more. We mostly just run into each other at this event or that event and hardly ever set something up on purpose. That's something I'm going to work on - see friends more often. As John's schedule settles in it will be more and more easy to know what to expect. It feels like we've been in "hang loose tightly"mode for a while and I'm looking forward to some normalcy.

2 comments:

Katie Jo said...

So do you have pics of you all spiffed up? Tim and I would love one if you do. Hope you had a good time at the party. Have a great weekend and enjoy your short work week next week.

Jeni said...

Yeah for the weekend! I'm glad you are getting in some Christmas parties! I'd like to see a pic of you and John dressed up too...whenever you get a chance....okay..... ;-)