Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Morning Madness

John is now working the day shift and it has made my mornings so much easier. We both work at 7:00 - I live about .5 minutes away from work and he tries to be at work well before his shift actually starts. I've gotten used to getting up 1/2 hour before I have to be at work and high tailing it out the door as soon as my wet hair is dry. With John's new hours, I've been getting up, having time to do stuff and take my time getting ready...what a concept!

This morning I thought my ample time would allow me to get all kinds of things done. I got up and started wrapping presents and getting a box ready to ship - then I went to the grocery store and got some last minute items as well as stuff to make dinner. I was sort of just wandering around the store (I'm usually an in and out person - I don't like to wander) and I realized that it was now 7:00 and I was at the store, I hadn't checked out, I didn't even have everything I needed...wow.

The good news is - my watch is fast and I made it to work by the time it was 7:00 here...and that was with chatting with the checker lady who I always seem run into at Carrs!

I have tomorrow off - cannot wait - seriously. I'm going to sleep in and take it easy and maybe even stay in my pjs most of the day. hopefully my friend Marlene stops by - because I've stopped by at her house when she was in her PJs! :)

No comments: