Monday, December 8, 2008

December's First Weekend

Another busy weekend came and went. Friday I got my hair cut and love it. It was funny - when I came home John said "I thought you were getting your hair cut", "I did," said I. "Oh - it looks the same," said John.

Then I turned around.

"Ah hah - it is quite different!" The back is much more stacked now and I LOVE it. The front is a little shorter, but I don't really expect that John would notice the tiny bit that got cut off the front. It's funny when I get my hair cut because it always looks so good when I leave the salon (I love the lady that cuts my hair) but then the next time I try to do it, it never looks the same. I can have the same products - blower, curling iron - everything the same and then poof...my style looks very different. Oh well...I still love the cut.

Friday night (Sat. morning really) John went to work with his dad a bit. He got home late and woke me up to tell me about how he had been parked in the street in front of his parent's place and a drunk driver had hit his truck right there in the street. the guy was wasted and said he had been going 25 miles per hour...uh huh...and managed to move a Ford F350, crew cab, extended bed with 1,000 pounds of wood in the bed from its parked position to 5 feet away from where it was. Interesting. Thankfully it was the truck the guy hit - his car was totalled, but the truck isn't much worse for the wear. Had it been our little car I think it would have been over for the poor thing. That was the second time in a week one of our cars was hit. Wow...no one was seriously injured in either accident - and the drunk guy will hopefully pay enough in fees to be over driving while intoxicated.

Saturday, John slept in and I couldn't sleep so I got up around 6:30 and started housework. I worked out and came back home and John was still sleeping so I looked around for something quiet to do and ended up waking him up in the process. Something about jumping on the bed and saying "come on lets go somewhere" wakes people up...who knew? He was happy to get up and we did some shopping and got most of Christmas finished. Then we wrapped up the housework and baked a goodie (seriously we should not have made it, my tummy was very upset over the whole thing, I couldn't stop having 'just a tiny piece more') and made dinner for our friends that came over with an armload of games we had never played. We've had a great time with these friends - they're a lot of fun and we laughed quite a bit. Plus the games were very fun - and the husband cracked me up saying that we can't play a game involving charades until the four of us are on our third date...something to look forward to I guess! :)

Church on Sunday morning and then we went out to lunch with some friends that we hardly ever see that are thinking of starting to attend our church again. It was fun hanging with them. Then we went to John's parent's place and hung out for a while. The home again for dinner. We finally made it to Home Depot last night to get a tree - the first one we shook out was beautiful. we snatched it up and brought it home. We had fun decorating and rearranging our living room to fit everything in. In the end the couch remains...sigh. I love real trees - I'll deal with the sweeping and sweeping to get the smell and the way the branches hang. LOVE IT! We watched a Hallmark movie while we decorated - of course I cried...wouldn't you!?

Wow, if you read all of this, good for you! I was chatty this morning!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww that sounds like such a nice weekend. I also find that bouncing on the bed and hollering "LETS GO SOMEWHERE" is not condusive to Steven sleeping either. Must be a guy thing. hee hee.

Deborah said...

Which Hallmark movie did you watch?

Steph said...

It was called "Front of the Class"

Jeni said...

Sounds like a fun one! I think I watched that movie too! Ah....Hallmark bridges the miles! Maybe I should write Hallmark greeting cards for a living! ;-)