Thursday, November 13, 2008

Waiting for Baby

I'm at my sisters house in Virginia. It's a beautiful place to visit and I've had a great time picking apples, seeing homes of our nation's founders and hanging out with family. When I got here the it was over 70 degrees, but quickly returned to more fall-ish weather...bummer. After our less than desirable summer, I thought I'd get a quick one while I was here.

We are, however, still waiting for baby #3 to arrive for my sister and brother-in-law. My poor sister is still very pregnant and now three days overdue - she's ready and so are the rest of us! I have a sneaky feeling I'll miss the birth entirely since I leave in two days...bummer.

P&H are adjusting to life with kids again. There have been a few tears and a lot of stern conversations regarding "personal space" for the dogs. It's hard to understand when you're four that growling is a really good indicator that maybe the dog doesn't want your hands in his blanket that he's borrowed completely under. I'm sure all will adjust just fine and the girls and boys will soon grow used to each other and the fascination will wear off.

I better get going and try to help out doing something around here.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Still waiting for #3 to make her appearance! I'm sure everyone at that house is ready! Well, I hope she comes soon ;-)