Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Letter of Life

Dear Friends:

I had an experience recently that really made me thankful that I know my savior and that my future is cemented in Him. How thankful I am for that hope that rests for me apart from this world, and apart from any man.

I was in a meeting for a bunch of non – profits a couple of weeks ago. I have been to many of these and have heard from organizations that I would never support but understand that they are also a non-profit and struggle with the same things that the non-profit I work for does. There are many organizations out there fighting for things I can never support, and I have grown accustomed to seeing them here and there at events/meetings I attend. I would not have categorized myself as being naïve to their existence.

Until today.

At the meeting, we did an intro and announcement time where you introduced yourself and announced anything you wanted to. A person from Planned Parenthood introduced herself and announced that their chapter received $40,000 in donations from people giving on “behalf” of Sarah Palin. She also said that their national organization received over $2 mill. It gets worse. When she said that PP sent Sarah “thank yours” for the donations, I felt sick to my stomach – and people in the room laughed.

People laughed at their clever idea to throw in Sarah’s face that they have the “choice” to kill babies. Is it a laughing matter?

I was so shocked at this display of sin in our city – and in our nation. I think for the first time in my life I popped out of Christian bubble long enough to be slapped in the face with the hardness of people’s hearts. I should not be surprised – our fight is not against flesh and blood. These people whose hearts are so calloused that they laughed at such a sad, sad thing are an indication of what our country believes in.

I am broken over this – I have cried many tears of shame that I did not speak out, and in sorrow for the hearts of these people who do not know their Creator and who put their hope in this earth and other people. I am not angry with them (anymore), I am angry that I have lost sight of the true fight – it happens on our knees.

I was in such shock at the meeting, that I didn't do what I should have done - I should have stood up and said something. I didn't stand up in that meeting, but I am going to make a donation to the Crisis Pregnancy Center in honor of Sarah Palin and the guts it took for her to stand for life in front of America. And I’m going to ask my friends to do the same!

I did some research on the donations that were given to Planned Parenthood in "honor" of Sarah Palin, and found out that the whole campaign was begun by an email. Why can't we start an email campaign and combat those donations by giving to an organization that fights for life?

John and I have struggled with whether or not we should disclose how much we are planning to give. In the end we decided to tell our friends and family that we are giving $1,000 to our local CPC, I'm telling you the amount we're giving, because it stretches our budget, and I'm asking you to stretch yours. We need 79 people to join us in Alaska at this giving level to double what the enemy raised for Planned Parenthood. I know that not everyone can do this, and that this issue is not everyone’s passion. $1,000 spread over a year is less than $20 a week. If 800 people can give $100 we can still double the amount!

I have mentioned the walk-a-thon our local CPC is having to many of you – and for me, this is above and beyond that fundraiser. For me, this is personal now, and should have been all along.

Prayerfully consider this opportunity to bless CPC and stand up for life.Please write a letter to CPC explaining what your donation is for and ask them to send a card to let Sarah Palin know that a donation was given to CPC in her honor. In Anchorage, the address to send a donation is 2902 Boniface Parkway, Suite 200, 99504. You can also donate online at http://cpcanchorage.com/donate.html there is a place to add a note to your donation in the online form.I plan to let our local CPC know that I'm sending this email out and ask them to fill us in on how much is raised. I know we can spread the word and make a positive impact.

Please forward this to friends and family so that we can be sure to pass along this information to everyone who needs to see it.

Sincerely,Stephanie

No comments: