Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oops...

Oops is right.

Once again I was in a hurry and got things all messed up and didn’t realize how bad it was until I was far enough away from the situation that going back would be a pain.

I am the “voice” of my work. I am the person that greets you when you call, lists all the people and extensions and invites you to leave a message at the tone. Today I changed the message because of office closings coming up. I was reading my script (that I have mostly memorized) and got almost to the end and said “if you know the extension of the person you are cleaning for…cleaning for?...oh crap” and then I rerecorded a message without the “crap” and went about my merry way.

I’d been at lunch for about 10 minutes when my cell phone started to ring. My friend Marlene from work called and said that I should call and listen to the voice mail at work. I knew immediately what had happened…I hadn’t pushed the “1 for ‘yes’ I would like to save the message I’d just recorded.”

The funny thing is that in the afternoons our phone hardly rings…but in the 30 minutes that the “crap” message was on the phone we had 4 messages telling us all about how shocked these people were to hear that on a message.

Oops…

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Oops!
It happens - even to the very best of us!

Marlene! said...

That's why I love you Steph!