Monday, November 17, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Lickety Split

I made it home late in the night Saturday. The trip home wasn't so bad - I slept all the way from Seattle, and that's always wonderful.

It was so weird walking in the house and not having Pike and Harley there to greet me - but I'm certainly getting used to a cleaner house and less responsibility! :) It is so good to be home with John, I really miss him when we're apart like that, I think that old adage is so true, absense does make the heart grow fonder.

I went to a friend's birthday party on Sunday morning - we had a great time. It's so good to be with girlfriends who love Jesus and love talking about what he's doing. I feel so blessed to have the friends that I have, we need girlfriends!

We also went to a quartely meeting at church on Sunday night - those are kind of fun. I throw in my two cents here and there about things and our pastor really listens to concerns/ideas and does his best to take into consideration everything people bring up. I love it!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Yeah! You made it home! I love that absence makes the heart grow fonder - that's a beautiful thing!
It's good to hear that the birthday party went well.
Love you!

Katie Jo said...

I too got to go to a friend's birthday party this weekend and I'd have to agree with you. It was so nice to laugh and carry on with girlfriends, especially right before moving away. Glad you made it home, we'll have to get together sometime this next week. Hannah and I fly up on Wed, eek! We're staying with my mom 'til Tim drives up and then we'll stay with the IL's for a few days, but that doesn't mean we can't hang sooner.