Wednesday, April 8, 2009

VOTE!

I admit - I really do get my underwear in a bunch over this one. My Marlene has heard this rant so many times she's probably already decided not to read this blog! :) I really struggle with people not voting in municipal elections.

It matters who our mayor is. It matters more than people might think. I won't go into a huge lecture on this, but who our mayor is is so important to our every day lives, it impacts us in more ways than you may think. In my opinion, who is in office over our city is in some ways more important than who our governor is.

And the bonds...don't get me started on those. Property taxes alone and the threat of higher taxes with all the millions in bonds on this last ballot should push (at the very least) homeowners to the polls. But yesterday's election boasted only a 25% turnout - which is average for our city. It's so sad.

Also - while I'm on the subject...I know that Sen. Stevens would have been voted in again had that bogus trial not been going on. I'm just sayin...things would have looked a lot different for the US senate had he hadn't been in that mess.

No comments: