Saturday, April 25, 2009

First 5K of the season


So this morning was the first 5K of the season for me - it was fun, we had a great time. There were way too many people there and I felt pretty squished, but once we got going it was cool.

A funny thing happened, I know one of the guys running for mayor (not Dan Sullivan) and I did not vote for him, nor will I in the upcoming run off election, but I know him personally and saw him at the race so I said hello. He asked me to wear one of his little campaign signs on my bib. I wanted to say no thank you but don't have the guts to say no (like ever) so I just said "okay." and put it in my pocket. I kept seeing him ALL OVER THE PLACE and was all weirded out about him knowing I didn't have it on my bib.

I care about the weirdest things.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Yeah to go Steph - Your first 5K! Nice! You are amazing. I'm blessed to have you as my sister.

By the way: I care about the weirdest things too. Must run in our family blood.