Monday, April 27, 2009

Boneman's Daughters

I just finished Ted Dekker’s new book Boneman’s Daughter. It was one of his more ‘disturbing’ books – seriously- it kept me awake at night. Note to self – when your husband works nights, do your best not to read scary books…by yourself…in the dark…when you have a bush right outside your bedroom window and it’s windy outside and you live in Spenard. I was hearing every sound outside – sitting straight up in bed straining to hear if that was next door or in my house…whoa.

Back to the book – while it was kind of freaky, the message was very clear. Ted’s message is almost always about the Love our Father has for us, and this book was no different, but the way that he illustrated our Father rescuing us from the lure of sin and Satan himself was better in this book than any of his recent books. It was similar to the Black/Red/White books in the message – with the same “love that knows no boundaries, would go anywhere to rescue one of His own” sort of message.

I would recommend reading it – and Ted’s other recent book “Kiss.” To be honest, I felt like both books were some of his best work.

No comments: