Saturday, April 11, 2009

Night out with the girls

I had fun tonight - I went out with a few friends to a movie (Paul Blart, Mall Cop at the Bear Tooth) and dessert (at Sugar Spoon...yum!). It's funny how even five years ago a "night out" meant that we'd at least be out past 10:00...tonight I was ready to go home at 8:30 (mostly because I hadn't seen John all day and wanted to spend a few minutes with him before he went to work tonight).

I've really come to appreciate this particular group of girls because we've all been friends for over 10 years. We met when we were all college aged, single women, wondering what God had in store for our lives. Now we've seen it all - seen each other get married, have children, move around the country, reconnect with family members - it's been amazing. One of the coolest things is that these women share the same faith as me, and no matter what has changed in our lives, that remains constant.

Anyway...lots of laughing, lots of calories and a good time. YAY for girls night out (even if I am home by 8:30)!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Sounds like a fun night out! I really like friends that span the years and life circumstances!

Love you!