Thursday, April 16, 2009

A long hard road...

John and I have been slowly working on filling out forms and forms and applications and applications and papers and papers for adoption. Yesterday I went to drop off our fingerprints for the background search and almost had a breakdown.

There is so much to do in this process, and I thought if I could just drop off our fingerprints, it would be one thing I could actually check off our long list. So, after work, I skipped my workout and headed over to the troopers office - not at all out of the way on my drive home. When I got in there I saw a sign that said "No credit cards or debit cards." For some reason - this really ticked me off. I only had my credit card, and we had taken the checkbook out of my purse a couple nights before for taxes. So all I had was $10 and my credit card. And seriously - aren't they going to get their money for sure if I use my credit card? What if some person comes in there and writes a lame check? These are things to consider!

I wanted to cry. All I wanted to do was drop off my fingerprints and pay to have someone dig through my past. Let me use a credit card - would you? After I talked to John and calmed down (a lot) I realized how silly it was to get so upset over something like that. I mean seriously - what was the worst that happened...I went back today and dropped them off and paid for them by check. See? No harm done, and something checked off my list.

I just wish I could have dropped it off yesterday.

No comments: