Friday, September 19, 2008

When did I get old?

I had to laugh at myself this week. We've had a busy week with lots of social things going on.
Back in my "hay day" I worked 2 jobs, went to college full time and managed to get out most nights. My friend and I worked at Payless Shoes together and we'd be standing all day long, get off at 9:30 and race down to the coastal trail to rollerblade for an hour. Afterwards we might have gone out to dinner at Denny's or we might have just hung out at one of our homes until 1:00 or so - up at 7:30 to start the next day all over again.

Now I have one job (well, only one I get paid for) where I sit on my booty most of the day staring at a computer. I get in a workout and I head home to my dogs and make dinner and spend the evening with my John (which is the best end to any day).

Somehow between 25 and 32, I became an old woman.

I lost stamina - not sure how it happened. This week has been full of social events, Awana, hanging with friends (SO good to see people that I hadn't seen in a while - it blesses me that God has given us such incredible friends), a movie at Bear Tooth (Get Smart was cute), Costco evening runs and more friends tonight (love it - John plays video games with hubby, wife and I have great conversation, shoulder to shoulder bonding for him, face to face for me, the best of both worlds!). More stuff planned for the weekend with some well deserved rest on Sunday.

I actually said - out loud no less - "we never have this much going on at night - we're usually pretty chill." WHAT? usually pretty chill? What happened to the old Steph that could go and go and never look back?

I got old.

2 comments:

Katie Jo said...

Ha ha, I know what you mean. I kind of miss those late nights and all that went along with it.

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean. I go to work VERY early in the mornings.. and most days? I need a nap by 230 in the afternoon.. otherwise? Its bedtime by 830.