Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So...what else goes on?

Sigh...Jeni's gone and life is back to normal.

After a fun time of hanging with family how strange it feels to be back in the normal groove of life.

We had a very relaxing weekend. We had a great time Saturday - taking Jeni out to breakfast with friends, hiking and then shopping around town for gifts. I like going into those cheesy gift shops...and who doesn't like Alaska Wildberry? Jeni left Saturay night - how sad...

Sunday we went to church and had nursery and then spent the afternoon doing some shopping. John had to do some stuff for work, so I picked some more raspberries and made jam. My friend shared her fab recipe with me for rhubarb custard bars so I made a batch of those. Yum...got them out of the house as soon as possible. I also froze some so we'll see how they hold up.

I must have been in a nesting mood because I busted out my scrapping and got to work wrapping up a book that's been waiting for me to finish it for several months. We ( mostly I) watched Gone with the Wind and finished my scrapbook. YAY! Now I can move on to January of 2007 - I'm catching up!

1 comment:

Katie Jo said...

Wow, you've been busy. Wish we had raspberries. I did pick some more nagoonberries to make some jelly with. Glad you had fun with your sister, bummed that you had to say goodbye. I need to do some scrapbooking myself.