Friday, September 26, 2008

Weekend Away

John and I are heading to Girdwood for the weekend. I'm really looking forward to some time together and away from regular life (and projects!). Seriously - he has been working so hard this last week that we've had a grand total of 9 hours together so far this week. I should have clocked in! A few of our friends are meeting us down there to get some hiking in - and hang out in the hotel a bit.

We get one TV channel at our house (hense my obsession with Big Brother) and we have a subscription to Netflix which keeps us only one season behind our favorite shows - we like The Office, House and 24. We are such junkies when it comes to watching TV, that we made a conscience decision not to have cable in our house because we both have a tendancy to get sucked into TV and we just can't walk away. So we limit our netflix and try our best not to get too sucked in to TV while we're at home.

Why am I telling you about our TV habits you might wonder? Because - we like going to hotels for the cable. Hotels are like a "TV can't possible rot your brain" free zone for us. How embarrassing is that? But it's true - we could watch hours of Discovery Channel and HGTV...and so on and so forth. We love hotels...and I know you do too - for the cable of course!

Oh yeah and there's also the part about being together and away from our regular life and all of that...and then there's cable!

1 comment:

Katie Jo said...

I am so totally like that. Hence, the no TV. So when I'm on vacation I love to just sit and veg in front of the TV. Harder to do now with Hannah, though. It so frustrates Tim that I get so zoned out and will watch anything.