Friday, June 27, 2008

Wedding Ring Drama

I was walking to work yesterday when my special ring for J started sounding from my purse. I dug it out and J told me that he got to work and doesn't have his wedding band on. He asked me to look around at the house when I got home from lunch and he'd dig through his locker at work and look around the parking lot etc. "I'm sure it's probably in the bed or something," I said. J has been losing a lot of weight at his new job they work out for five hours a day or so learning tactics, and his fingers are shrinking.

I TOTALLY forgot all about his ring being lost (which is a good thing because it would have bothered me all day) and when J got home from work he asked if i'd found it. um...no? So we snooped around some at our house and then jumped in the car to head to J's work and look around again. No Luck.

We met our friend Bean at Subway had a fun time making fun of people who are waaaay too touchy (I deny ever being touchy with J) and then we headed home. We did the things people do at night...you know...let the dogs out, watch an episode of LHOTP...check out the web. J looked at costco.com to see how much it would cost to replace his ring...let me just say that platinum has soared through the roof since I bought his wedding band is now more than twice as much. We discussed different options - him not wearing one, getting a gold one 'for now', wearing the one we got in Mexico one time (that will most likely turn his finger green) and then I decided to go to bed and read for a while.

J followed behind me by about 10 minutes. By then I was already asleep - I'm a really good bed reader (ha) and woke up when he came in. He got all snuggled in bed and I said "um, would you mind changing the alarm so that it goes off at 6:00?" Being the wonderful husband that he is, he sat up in bed and pushed the covers off and lo and behold - there was his ring. In the folds of the comforter!!! YAY!

No comments: