Thursday, June 19, 2008

So - why I didn't take the job

So - this first thing really has nothing to do with P&H (Pike & Harley) but I was going to blog about the funny dogs and decided to chat a little about this other thing first.

Today I turned down a huge job promotion at work. Not only would it have been a huge jump in salary, it would also have been a great step in my professional life. It was hard to say no - but my gut told me it wasn't the job for me. Just so I feel a little better about it - I'll just lay out my reasons here:
1. I like my job - it's challenging and keeps me on my toes *most of the time* but I don't take it home with me (except for a couple stressful weeks)
2. I like that I don't take my job home with me. J and I are going through enough change right now with his new job and adoption in our near future - we really don't need the added stress of me having a learning curve.
3. I would be on the same job level as someone who really gets under my skin. i think my promotion would continue to rub her WAY wrong and frankly, I just don't want to deal with that drama. D R A M A.
4. Also - I kind of wanted to quit (okay REALLY wanted to quit) my job in May. . . I was begging the powers that be in our house to take the summer off. He talked me out of it.

So those are my reasons/excuses for not moving up in the not for profit world. So there.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Way to make a very good decision for you and J.! I think your reasons are valid and well-thought out. Love you!