Wednesday, June 11, 2008

On Patience

I am learning...but very slowly...

I have struggled to be patient - mostly with adults (for whatever reason, I have an abundance of patience with kids - maybe because I think they are in process) for the last few years. I'm a rash decision maker so it bothers me when people take forever to make decisions (even if it's the smarter thing to do).

I am also the kind of person that once I've decided something and want to do it, or get someone else to, I want to do it now. I can't wait - it's got to be now.

Being married to possibly the most patient person in the world has at times been frustrating - but it has helped to force me into being a more patient person. But it's not easy, and I find myself forever struggling with it.

And - I'm learning...oh so slowly...that if things don't happen just the way I think they should or imagine it would...it's okay. Life keeps moving, nothing is perfect.

No comments: