Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Something Interesting

I have noticed in the last few years that people (by people I mean virtual strangers) seem drawn to tell me things that are very personal. In the last few months, about three or so people have shared things with me that seem very unusual to share with a stranger but then I think maybe that's easier.

Last night at the gym, (I call it the gym, really it's just Curves) anyway, at the GYM, a girl who works there asked if I was married and we talked a bit about J and our marriage. And I asked if she was, she isn't and we laughed a little at how it takes boys forever to ask sometimes. Then she starts telling me all about her past and a little boy she has that her parents have adopted. I was just talking about adoption with my friend and how at some point it becomes what you were meant to do, not "Plan B" and here's a birth mother sharing her story with me. Interesting. Then I go in back to stretch and another member and I are chatting and end up talking all about church - not God or Jesus so much, but church. Interesting again.

I find it curious that when I'm thinking/praying about something I seem to have more interactions with strangers who have experience with what I'm thinking about. weird. I don't think I'm starting the conversations, in fact I KNOW that I didn't yesteray and yet it's a conversation that was very enlightening to me. Hmmmmm....

No comments: