Sunday, March 21, 2010

Not feeling so sorry for myself

John and I spent Friday out near Talkeetna snow machining with our friend. We took a wood burning stove out to his cabin (really it's a house) that has the most amazing view of Mt. McKinley. I'm hoping I can spend some time out there this summer, you can't get there by driving, so it's really off the beaten track and I love going out there.

I was sort of worried about my poor little knee being all scrunched up on the back of a snow machine all day, but it didn't do so bad. I was able to go for three walks over the weekend, so I really can't complain about my knee - and I'm so thankful. Thank you, Lord, for healing that bad ol'e knee...I'm thankful for body parts that work.

We went out to dinner on Friday night with John's parents and cousins for John's 31st birthday. He's such an old guy now! :) I love that he's getting into his 30s along with me, I don't want to be there by myself. We also went out on Saturday night as a church - we all went to the Golden Trough (ahem, I mean Golden Corral). I had a great time talking with so many people that I don't always get the change to spend time with.

It was a great weekend, full of fun stuff and not so fun stuff - we had to officially say goodbye to our friends as they're leaving while we're out of town. I'm trying not to cry about that...I need some more friends! And of course trying not to stress/worry/fret over the decision our government is making with health care. I can't worry - know why? God tells me not to worry, that he cares about the lillies in the field and feeds the birds - he has me in his hands.

It's also important to note that Jeff and Jordan were booted off Amazing Race tonight...so so sad...boo...maybe the cowboys will win!

1 comment:

maggieinthemountains said...

I want the cowboys to win, too! Your weekend sounds beautiful.We are hoping for healing so we can get up your way finally this Fall!
Maggie