Sunday, March 14, 2010

My friend's moving...boohoo...

Two of my very close friends are moving this spring/summer. One of the families that John and I have grown very close to are getting out of the military and moving to Ohio. I will miss them and their three little daughters more than I can say. At first I didn't want to be friends with them because they were in the military and I knew they would be moving, so I'm sad that I hesitated, because we have found such friendship with them.

My other friend, Mel, is moving sometime at the end of the summer. She has been part of my life for 12 years now, and has been a big part of my personal cheering team for the last few years. She's my biking/hiking/walking/rollerblading partner and I will miss her. For now I'm totally ignoring that she's moving to Arizona...and I'm focusing all my pity parties on the Resz family moving.

So here's my list of things I like about Christan and her sweet family:

1. Christan is one of the most real people I have ever known. She doesn't pretend she's okay when she's not; she talks about real things she struggles with.

2. She listens when I share my heart and offers encouraging words

3. I can hang out with her for hours and even if we don't do anything it's just good to be with her.

4. She's a great mom - I love watching her with her girls.

5. She understands some of the struggles I have because she too deals with them, I feel like I can say anything to her and she isn't going to judge me.

6. She has great hair!

7. She has a sweet laid back spirit that I find myself longing for, trusting that God has things in his hands and she doesn't need to worry about what He is doing.

I know there are more, but since I'm still pretending they are not moving, I'll leave it at that.

No comments: