Sunday, March 1, 2009

Saturday fun

I ended up having to work all day on Saturday. I picked up some people who flew in from Juneau for a meeting I had to attend, and then we headed over to the meeting venue for the day. It wasn't so bad, I took notes and helped with some of the meeting, but since we only have Saturday's off together right now - it was a total drag to spend my "day off" working. This too shall pass... but in the meantime, this phase has been hard on us. I know it will be over soon (hopefully by the end of next week) and I keep holding out for that.

My PT gig for for Girl Scouts will end in a few weeks and that will really lighten up my load and then we just have to hope that John gets a somewhat decent schedule. That could be a pretty big hope! It seems like him working nights would be the best for our little family, he can sleep while I'm at work, and then we'll have the whole evening together.

In other news...I want a puppy...a terrier of some sort. I'm drawn to Norwich terriers, but also like cairns, and am open to suggestions. I want something that I can walk, that doesn't shed and that is small enough to be okay in our little house.

We decided to visit a new restaurant that just opened up near our house called Spenard Roadhouse. What a great place - the food was very good, and the decorations were fun too. We went with John's parents, and at first conversation was very difficult because it was so loud - but after a table full of women left, conversation was much easier! I'd highly recommend it!

That's all my oh so exciting news for now!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Oh, I'm excited to try the Spenard Roadhouse next time I'm in town.

I hope your PT Gig ends soon...

I like your exciting news!