Sunday, January 18, 2009

Walk for Life

Yesterday was the first Walk for Life put on by Crisis Pregnancy Center here in Anchorage. thank you to all of you who pledged or donated for John and I - we are honored that so many of our dear friends and family are as committed to the sanctity of life as we are. Thank you.

I had planned to walk for 12 miles, assuming that in 4 hours I could keep a pace of 3 mph. Not that hard of a feat...but I hadn't taken into account that I might be stopping and talking with people that I knew as they came and went...we might be a bit late getting there...and things might not be exactly what I thought. So I ended up only walking 10.5 miles. And I'm glad I stopped when I did.

Something felt a bit funny in one of my shoes so when I came home and could take it off I was so relieved. Much to my dismay I had a blister the size of dime on one of my little toes. No wonder it was hurting so badly. It's a bummer about athletic shoes - especially if you wear them mostly indoors. They look fine on the outside but they're all worn out inside. I usually buy this particular brand - saucany- because they seem to feel the best when walking, but they are so expensive, and if I'm going to go through them just as fast, I'm not sure that I want to keep buying them.

Anyway...that was my Saturday in a nutshell. I came home and basically sat around for the evening, took some Tylenol and feel mostly normal today. Mostly - I saw some of the picture that were taken and I thought...interesting, I must have had more holiday treats than I thought! Oh brother...the winter coat I seem to wear every year has made another appearance.

No comments: