Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And Now...the news

I thought I'd write something a little newsy...you know, for people who are interested!

1. The weather took a turn for the better, and I'm happy to report that we're well over 0 now! YAY! Not only is this nicer on my body, car, world but it is also better on my pocket book considering the high price of natural gas these days. Thank you Lord for warming up our state!

2. Work is CRAZY. And I mean crazy. I have been working weird hours, I constantly have things popping into my head that I forgot to do, I'm thinking about work at home (which until recently never happened)...it's just crazy.

3. John's work is crazy, but he LOVES it. And I'm so thankful he has a job he loves so much.

4. Please remember to continue to pray for our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. If you're anything like me, you forget to pray for them, out of sight out of mind. My cousin has been in Iraq for maybe 2 months and is already injured due to his vehicle getting shot at. He still has metal in his leg, and is okay, but it's a good reminder to keep praying. Since my brother is in Afghanistan, I have a special reason to pray. It's funny - I really never thought we'd have a military person in our family and we have several, weird.

5. The girls (aka Bella and Izzy) spent the weekend with us - they are way too cute and make me want a puppy again. I have no idea what kind I would get, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in my house that might like a dog, but it's a nice thought anyway.

6. We are going to LA for a quick weekend at Disney. I cannot wait to get out of AK, even if it is for 3 days.

7. I am also planning a trip to CO later in March and then again in May for my cousin's graduation from college. She has worked so hard to get her masters - I'm proud of her and it would be fun to be there when she graduates. We'll see how that goes, she lives in NE, and it's quite a drive from Denver, and I might be doing it by myself if John can't get the time off. We'll see how that goes.

8. God blesses my little family and I'm so thankful for it.

9. The CPC walk is this weekend, I'm looking forward to it.

10. I'm "training" to train for a 10K I hope to run this summer. Since I'm not yet able to run more than 20 minutes at a time I'm in the training part. So - I can officially run 5 minutes at a time at 5.5 mph. This week brings 6 minutes of running at a time. It's sort of fun - who thought I'd EVER say something like that.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Thanks for the news Steph!

I would walk the CPC walk with you...if I lived there....

Thanks for the reminder to pray for the soldiers.

Have fun in LA!

Love you!

Deborah said...

When are you going to Disney...just wondering if you are going when we are going.

Steph said...

We're going at the end of the month, when are you going?