Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snow...er...Ice Day!

My wish for warmer weather came true today. WAY too true...it warmed up to about 40 today and we ended up getting rain on top of the 3 or so inches of snow we got yesterday...what a mess! School was canceled, the highway was "littered" with cars, the ice was thick on the roads and sidewalks, and I didn't have to go to work.

I spoke with my boss this morning and she asked me to head over to work (since I live so close) and change the phone message and update our website to tell people about our closure. So - I walked/skated over and after I had 'worked' I thought, interesting...I have the day off and the Internet connection is so good here. I think I'll watch The Biggest Loser online! So there I was at work with my feet on my desk and watching TV at work, not too shabby! I did get some work done accidentally as well.

After it got light (you know around 9:45) I braved the ice and walked home. I got our house cleaned up, took a little nap, worked out, and in between all of that fun, I spent a good part of my day in the bathroom...drag. So much for a free day off! I did think I could get used to not working though, I had plenty to do...at least for a few hours! :)

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Sounds like a fantastic day to me!

Jeni said...

Well...except for the bathroom part anyway ;-)