Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend Fun

Yesterday was a day of picnic (ing) We went to the governor's picnic out on the park strip and helped with the grilling for an hour or so. Then we headed out to the hillside for John's work picnic. We had a great time. The sun came out and we enjoyed the breaks of feeling warm, and we got to spend time with some good friends. Our friends had reserved time with the horseback riding outfit, so we went for a 30 minute trail ride. We had a good time - and our horses were all really good at staying in line and obeying their human. I have to say that my butt is still sore...it would be fun to go on a longer ride, but I think I would seriously have to think about investing in some sort of padding. You see John, our friend Jonathan, his wife Deborah and me in the photo.

When we got home, we got busy working on the rental. We are mostly done. Just a tiny bit of touch up paint and cleaning up the messes we've made and we're ready to get it rented out again. YAY! I think we'll be ready for sure by next weekend (just in time to be out of town!!).

My friend Rebecca and I went for a 6 mile walk today. We're trying to get ready for an 18 mile walk we're planning in a couple of weeks. I think we'll both put some time in separately walking this week for long distances, and then try again next week for an eight mile walk. We'll see how that goes - we'll probably be pretty sore after 18 miles...but we'll survive!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

You had a very busy Saturday! How fun that you all had several picnics AND that you got more work done on the unit. You are amazing!

Deborah said...

My butt is sore too. It actually feels bruised in two places! It was fun though.