Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mini Family Reunion

My family lives all across the US. My brother and bil are both in the military, so this causes lots of moving across the country and the world. Right now, all of my family (John and I excluded) live in square states, specifically: Colorado, Oklahoma and Nebraska.

When my little sister, who lives in OK, is going to be in Colorado, I try to meet her at my parent's house. This is sort of a 'central' place to meet...and Alaska Air flies to Denver (YAY!). She's going to be there in June so John and I are heading down there to be with family. It will be a very short trip for us...but that's nothing new. My sister and I got our brains together and decided we wanted to go visit our brother (who lives in NE) and our grandmother while we were 'close.'

Then we thought to ourselves, why don't we see if any other cousins (all of them live in NE except for our family) want to meet us at Grandma's while we're there. This has turned into a full blown mini family reunion. I am so very excited. So far we know that my sister and her girls, my brother and his family, my parents and two of my other cousins are going to join us in Valentine, NE. We're planning to tube the Niobrara (which I am totally excited about) and just hang out visiting with family.

I LOVE Nebraska summers. Yes, it will be flipping hot (we were there in May a couple of years ago and it was 96, and this is a month later) - but that's what water and sunscreen are for. You just can' t beat those summer nights when it's dark and warm and there are cicadas chirping and lightening bugs flying around...ahhhh...watermelon that tastes like something...warm tomatoes...I could go on. The point is - I'm really looking forward to time with family and time in the sun.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

We will be in Eastern NE the evening of May 29th - the evening of June 1st.