Monday, May 31, 2010

Beautiful Weekend

It was a great weekend here in Anchorage - the sun was out all weekend and we hit the high 70's - that ain't bad for May! :) we could definitely use some rain, especially now that there are forest fires and the smoke is getting a little thick, but I really can't complain about the sunshine. I had a great time with family visiting early in the week and then the fun weekend.

My friend and I are planning to walk a 1/2 marathon, so we spent time 'training' for the walk, today we walked 6 miles. The training couldn't have come at a better time since we just started a contest at work. We all bought the same pedometers that can't be cheated and keep track of data to download into the computer. The grand prize for the most steps between now and a date in August is $300 with second place receiving $150. I'm hoping to win - I can think of a few somethings I can buy with that prize money!

I put out my flowers today and it always energizes me for summer. I'm not sure if I'll do my usual baskets in the front of the house, but I bought a basket and window box arrangement for the front of our unit, and filled the pots I have along the side of the house. The pots look cute, and I can't wait for them to fill in. Each year I try to do the flowers a bit more inexpensively, but this year I had a gift card to Bells so I splurged on the hanging basket.

No comments: