Wednesday, April 30, 2008

AWANA

Approved Workmen are Not Ashamed - and I'm not ashamed to be a leader...but last night...wow...

Last night was a crazy night at Awana. We were down 2 leaders and it was like the kids have radar for that sort of thing and it's a sign they need to get crazy! The chaos ranged from kids bleeding or just getting bumped to them wetting their pants. Wow.

Highlights included: I intercepted two little ones messing around - but not in time - because one of the kids had already hit his head on a music stand and was bleeding. I took him up to the first aid kit and got him bandaged up in time to come downstairs and see K-2nd graders running around our fellowship hall. We got them rounded up and under control in no time.

Then we're playing games (for those of you who know Awana lingo - we were in the circle) and one of the kids on my team says to me - Mrs. Long, my skirt is wet. Sure enough, someone had peed their pants right there in the circle and she had gotten her skirt in it. Wow...I cleaned up the pee (reminded me of Bella and Izzy) and didn't mention to the little girl how her skirt got wet and moved on.

That was my fab evening in a nut shell!

1 comment:

Ms. Lance-a-lot said...

Wait a minute. We don't like the implication of what you said. Love, Bella and Izzy