Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sleep Schedule...so messed up

My husband works nights. Through the last 2 years that he's had this schedule he's always flipped back over to a 'normal' schedule on his days off...going to bed with me and getting up with me (sort of) in the morning.

I'm a morning person, so I've always enjoyed him being on my schedule. When I was off last week, I got all messed up, staying up late and getting up after 9:00 am, this is very unusual for me. I'm a get up around 7:30 whether or not I'm working kind of person. This was hard to break going back to work this week, but I finally got into the swing of things even managing to work out in the morning a couple of times.

This week, on Thursday and Friday nights we stayed up until after 3 a.m. Trust me when I say this is such abnormal behavior for me that even my husband couldn't believe I was still blinking after 3. I tried to get up "early" (around 10) this morning so that I could reset my crazy clock.

I was going to complain about this and then I remembered the past 2 years and what my husband has done going without sleep to match my schedule. Staying up now and then with him so that he can sleep in a long time is probably the least I can do. After all - he works hard and I appreciate all he does for me!

No comments: