Sunday, January 9, 2011

How do you say Beautiful?

Our dog is named Bella. She was Bella well before the craziness that is Twilight, and had I known that that was coming I would have named her something else. She is Bella because her sweet sister is Izzy, and together they are Izzybella. And let's be real here, she seriously is so cute and the sweetest dog ever, so it's only natural that she should have a name that means "beautiful" in both Spanish and Italian.

We go to the dog park now and then, and there are many dogs named Bella. It's confusing for her sometimes and more than once she has followed the wrong human (though not entirely due to her name as she is also a Shih Tzu and they are not known for their intelligence).

Yesterday we were at the park and I was thinking about all the Bella's in the world (both human and canine) and wishing I had had the foresight to name her something else. Then I started thinking that Bella is only one of the names I call her (and she responds to). I have a very long list of pet (ha) names for her. Wanna see it?

Bella
Bells
Hells Bells
Bella Brown Bottom
Bella Brown
Bella B
Chooch
Bug
Little Bug
Little Buggie
Sweets
Sweetie
Stinky
Belly
...

I think that's about it! She likes Bella the best, but if she knows I have a green bean in my hand, she'll respond to just about anything!

No comments: