Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hazy Daze

Whew - there's a LOT of smoke in the air these days. I guess there are over 50 fires burning in Alaska right now - and we're certainly seeing our share of smoke here. It makes me not want to go outside, something about not being able to see the mountains that are so close, and smelling the smokey air makes me want to protect my lungs.

I have to admit that the 64 degree weather is much welcomed after our "hot" week. We made it up to 85 at our house and hotter in some areas of town - trust me it feels different in AK compared to 85 in other places. People don't have AC - in their homes or in their businesses. So at work, one of the offices was 87 degrees with fans on and windows open. Not that fun to work in! And with the pregnant women milling around in here too - they must be miserable!

ChaLEAN has been going well. I was pretty sore Tuesday, but not so much today or yesterday. SO far so good - it is pretty hard work and I'm tired after, but it feels good.

What else...not much! We're pretty boring though it seems like we've always got something going on!

No comments: